Tuesday, December 28, 2010

CHRISTMAS!!!! Dec. 27th

Merry Christmas!

We had a beautiful Noel. Christmas feast on Christmas Eve followed by Christmas caroling. The caroling was amazing, not because our voices are particularly sweet, but because it was everyone together sharing in an American tradition. All the staff and language trainers and trainees singing Rudolph the Red- Nosed Reindeer, I personally was too busy laughing to sing. I shared a song sheet with the Houwa Petite, a native Nigerien with a loud singing voice. She is awesome, she is the coordinator for the 20 or so Farm volunteers. We also had a Secret Santa. I got Max a fabulous hat. Shelby got me a wicked awesome zane ( Nigerien skirt).


Just minutes ago I had my last Language Placement Interview (LPI). I need to score Intermediate Mid in order to go to my post. I think I nailed it. Yay! Things are going to start happening very quickly. The learning part of PST (Pre-service training) is over. Now it’s the logistics of getting ready to go to post and swearing in. Woo

No comments:

Post a Comment